A built-up roof is often used on flat or low-sloped roofs. This is a common option for commercial buildings, but some residential buildings may have this type of roof system. A built-up roof is often made from layers of tar, gravel and reinforcing fabrics. Your roofing contractor in The Woodlands, TX, may be able to give you more information about the following five reasons why you should choose this roof system:
- Protection: A built-up roof is known for the protection it can provide your building. The layers provide a watertight seal, fire resistance and wind resistance. This roof may also help protect from ultraviolet rays.
- Durability: Your The Woodlands commercial roof has to undergo temperature changes, wind and rain throughout the year. A built-up roof often lasts longer than other options even when subjected to inclement weather because of the layers used to create the roof.
- Maintenance: This option is also fairly easy to take care of, but it does still require some maintenance. You may want to work with a professional for any roof repair in The Woodlands that you may need.
- Cost: A built-up commercial roof is a good investment because of its low cost to maintain and how long it typically lasts. While the installation costs themselves may be a little higher, the service-life makes up for the high initial costs.
- Efficiency: Finally, this roof material is not a good conductor, so it helps reduce heating and cooling bills. This is a big bonus for many commercial building owners.
There are a lot of options you have for your commercial roof, which is why it can be so hard to pick out your roof type. The built-up roof does have a lot it can, but is it right for you? Talk with your roofing contractor in The Woodlands, TX, to learn more about this and other roofing options you may have.