Asphalt shingles cover more homes in America than any other roofing material. This roofing material is easy to install, provides excellent protection and is often the least expensive roofing choice. Redemption Roofing offers a wide variety of asphalt-shingle styles that are an affordable option for your roofing system. They come in numerous patterns and almost any color you can imagine. And, no matter what style home you have—traditional, contemporary, mid-century modern—you can find an asphalt shingle that will complement it and give it the custom look you want.
An asphalt shingle consists of a fiberglass or organic mat coated with asphalt, then covered with colored mineral granules for protection against the elements. They are available in a range of grades: the better the grade, the longer the life expectancy which can range from 20 to 30+ years. They offer one of the best values for both residential and commercial buildings. They are waterproof and many are Energy Star approved to save on your energy bills. And, they are easy and inexpensive to install.
To sum it up, here are some advantages of asphalt shingles:
- Easy to install—The size and flexibility of asphalt shingles make it easy to adapt them to any roof size and shape.
- Low-maintenance—Asphalt shingles are easy to keep clean, and can be repaired quickly or replaced if they are damaged.
- Aesthetically pleasing—Our expert Conroe roofing contractors can help create a design that will match the architecture and décor of your home.
- Lightweight—Although durable, asphalt shingles are still relatively light and will not place undue stress on your home’s roofing infrastructure.
- Affordable—An asphalt shingle roof can be one of the lowest cost options for roofing your home.